A Spaulding & Co. diamond ring centering an 8.90-carat Kashmir sapphire is set to lead Hindman’s upcoming Important Jewelry auction.
The platinum ring, which carries an estimate of $300,000 to $500,000 is from the estate of Chicago philanthropist Marguerite Hark. It’s one of three important estate collections on offer at the December 6 sale, the Illinois-based auction house said last week.
The sapphire ring is among six rare gemstone and diamond pieces, each estimated to reach six figures, Hindman added. The auction also features several signed jewels.
The rest of the top 10 lots are:
- A platinum ring featuring an emerald-cut, 4.45-carat diamond with D color and VVS1 clarity from the estate of Mary Jane is estimated at $200,000 to $300,000.
- A yellow gold ring centered with an emerald-cut, 10.05-carat, G-color, VVS1-clarity diamond is also expected to realize $200,000 to $300,000. The mounting is topped with 46 round brilliant-cut diamonds.
- A platinum ring by Harry Winston containing a brilliant-cut, 4.12-carat diamond with D color and VVS1 clarity carries an upper price of $250,000.
- A Van Cleef & Arpels, ruby and diamond “mystery-set” flower brooch could fetch up to $200,000.
- A platinum and diamond ring by Spaulding-Gorham featuring a cushion-cut, 5.70-carat Burmese ruby, has a high estimate of $180,000.
- An Art Deco platinum ring by Cartier London featuring an emerald-cut, 5.20-carat diamond with I color and VS clarity, further enhanced with old mine- and trapezoid-cut diamonds, channel-set emeralds and onyx bezel is predicted to sell for up to $120,000.
- A platinum ring containing an emerald-cut, 6.52-carat diamond with H color and VVS2 clarity, flanked by two tapered baguette-cut diamonds and completed with a baguette-cut diamond eternity band has an estimate of $90,000 to $110,000.
- A platinum ring centered with an emerald-cut, 6.33-carat diamond with E color and VS1 clarity, flanked by two tapered baguette diamonds weighing approximately 1.20 carats is set to bring in $70,000 to $80,000.
- An 18-karat yellow gold ring bearing a round brilliant-cut, 4.17-carat diamond with F color and VS2 clarity, has a high price of $75,000.
Image: The Spaulding & Co. sapphire and diamond ring. (Hindman)