How much do you know about the diamond industry? Test yourself with these questions from Rapaport Academy.
1. Which two countries are expected to be engines for diamond growth in the future?
a. Israel and China.
b. China and India.
c. India and Israel.
d. Belgium and China.
2. By the late 1800s, what was the world’s largest diamond manufacturing and trading center?
b. New York.
3. A country-of-origin certificate affirms that
a. The diamond was mined in a particular country.
b. The diamond was cut in a particular country.
c. The diamond was treated in a particular country.
d. The diamond is of high quality.
4. The first diamond engagement ring was given by
a. Archduke Maximillian of Austria.
b. De Beers.
c. Elvis Presley.
d. King Ashoka of India.
5. The most common payment method to minimize risk for both buyer and seller is
a. Cash after delivery.
b. Cash on delivery.
6. Which of the following is an example of how economic forces affect the price of diamonds?
a. Diamond prices go down as people in other countries desire diamonds.
b. When interest rates go up, diamond prices go down.
c. Economic forces do not affect the price of diamonds.
d. If demand goes up, prices go down.
Answers: 1. b; 2. c; 3. a; 4. a; 5. b; 6. b
Quiz Images: Shutterstock; Qreport
Cover Image: iStock photos